Assisting Nightlife and Entertainment Businesses
OEWD is committed to assisting San Francisco’s nightlife and entertainment businesses with these resources:
- To find out more about how to start a nightlife business, and to learn about best practices to improve your current nightlife business, check out the San Francisco Nightlife Business Handbook.
- Monitor pending legislation affecting nightlife on our page tracking legislation impacting nightlife and entertainment businesses.
- If you own a restaurant, bar, cafe, or art gallery, you can help your business attract and retain patrons by hosting live performances, thanks to a new program that makes it easy and affordable.
- Learn more about our events connecting the nightlife and technology industries.
- Nightlife is a major economic driver within the City. A 2012 economic impact study conducted by the Office of the Controller found that the nightlife sector accounts for $4.2 billion in spending by 80 million customers.
- In 2009, the San Francisco Board of Supervisors unanimously adopted a policy “to foster, promote, and sustain music and culture in San Francisco.” Find out more about the music and culture sustainability policy.